In this episode, I chat to Nicola Joyce about her month of veganism in 2017.
I ask Nicola:
- What made you decide to go vegan for a month?
- To what extent did you “go vegan”?
- Were there any unexpected surprises during the month?
- Did you find the vegan month affected your hormonal cycle?
- You wrote quite a bit about the challenge of getting enough protein - what were the main struggles and how did you try to get around them?
- What exactly is seitan, and how on earth did you make it?
- What were the main things you learnt from going vegan for a month?
- Will you adapt your diet at all going forward?
- What are your thoughts on eating entirely vegan for a whole month, vs experimenting with including more plant-based food in your day-to-day diet?
You can find Nicola's blog where she details her vegan experiment at https://thefitwriter.wordpress.com/the-vegan-month/
Find Nicola on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/thefitwriter/ and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/thefitwriter/
This episode is sponsored by Health IQ, an insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclist, weightlifters and vegetarians get lower rates on their life insurance. Go to healthiq.com/SBS to support the show and see if you qualify.