Our final episode in the fitness dogma series tackles powerlifting specific dogma! Chalk up, and let's go 9/9 on these.
- "Lower your hips" on deadlift critiques
- You should care about bodyweight-based strength goals
- Powerlifters do not need any kind of cardiovascular training.
- Lifting weights faster = cardio
- Certain exercises ccannotbe performed for higher reps. Front squats and deadlifts especially
- The idea that focusing on assistance stuff is (with exceptions of rare cases) should be 75% of the work out and the actual competitive movements only 15-25%
- People that immediately recommend 5/3/1 or 5x5 without any knowledge of a person's training history.
- Your total on the big 3 is the only measure of fitness that really matters.
If you've not left us a review or rating yet, we'd really love it if you did.
Visit our website: http://shreddedbyscience.com
Follow us on Instagram: @shredbyscience
Watch our YouTube videos: @shredbyscience